BAQUACIL® Swimming Pool Sanitizer and Algistat
BAQUACIL® Swimming Pool Sanitizer and Algistat : Product Information
Baquacil® Sanitizer and Algistat is the principle chemical in the Baquacil® Pool Care System. A polymer-based liquid sanitizer that provides safe, persistent control of bacteria and algae, Baquacil® Sanitizer and Algistat is designed to work with the other chlorine-free products in the Baquacil® system. It stores indefinitely, is highly stable in water and lasts longer than chlorine without any of chlorine’s unpleasant side effects.
- Baquacil® Swimming Pool Sanitizer and Algistat is not compatible with chlorinating chemical products.
- Do not use in freestanding hot tubs.
- Do not use in unpainted plaster pools previously exposed to metals which may cause staining
- Baquacil® is not compatible with many detergents and some supplemental algicides (such as those based on copper).
Directions For Use:
It is a violation of federal law to use this product in a manner inconsistent with its labeling. Chlorine Free Baquacil® Sanitizer and Algistat can be used in both residential and public swimming pools and spas. For best results, follow a weekly program with our Baquacil® System.
Treating Pools Previously Treated With Chlorinating Chemicals
- Add 1 1/4 lbs of Baquacil® Metal Control per 10,000 gallons after the chlorine has been neutralized and allow pump/filter to operate for 8-12 hours.
- Check with chlorine test kit for free chlorine prior to the beginning of neutralization.
- To neutralize chlorine, add Baquacil® Chlorine Neutralizer per label directions or add 1 gallon of Baquacil® Oxidizer (27.5% hydrogen peroxide) per 10,000 gallons of pool water.
- Check with chlorine test kit, if free chlorine is detected, repeat neutralizer treatment.
- Backwash or chemically clean pool filter. Check pool pH and adjust to 50 ppm (1/2 gallon product/10,000 gallons of pool water)
- After 24 hours, check pH and Baquacil® Sanitizer concentration with Baquacil® Test Strips and adjust of necessary.
- Every week, check Baquacil® Sanitizer concentration and pH.
- Maintain Baquacil® Sanitizer concentration at about 50 ppm. If concentration falls 10 ppm or more, add a top-up dose.
- The level should not be allowed to drop below 30 ppm. For example, to raise the Baquacil® Sanitizer level 10 ppm, add 1 pint per 10,000 gallons of water
People who bought this also bought...