BioGuard Optimizer Plus ®
BioGuard Optimizer Plus ® : Product Information
Long-lasting algae suppressant (not available in California)
- 100% Sodium tetraborate pentahydrate
- pH 9.3
- Improves water quality while suppressing algae growth
- Softens water
- Test and add
Directions For Use
For Initial Application In Pools Sanitized With Brominating Products, Chlorinating Products, And Softswim® Biguanide
- Balance your pool water and adjust pH to between 7.2–7.6.
- Add 2 pounds of this product per 1,000 gallons of pool water (this gives approximately a 35ppm residual) by broadcasting the product over the surface of the pool with the pump running.
- BioGuard recommends this initial treatment should be added in three doses with 1/3 of the required amount being added each application.
- Brush any undissolved product from the bottom of the pool.
- The pH of the pool water will rise as a normal reaction to the introduction of this product. One hour after each application, adjust the pH to 7.2–7.6 with BioGuard Lo’N Slo®.
- Allow at least 8 hours between the applications of Optimizer Plus.
Note: For every 2 pounds of Optimizer Plus, approximately 1 pound of Lo ‘N Slo® will be required for pH adjustment.
For Maintenance Application
This product is stable in pool water and not degraded by sunlight. The primary loss of product is through splash out, backwashing, and dilution from heavy rains. Therefore, once the initial application is made, minor and infrequent additions would be all that is required unless a substantial amount of water is drained from the pool.
People who bought this also bought...