Banish® : Product Information
Highly effective pool algae destroyer and preventative when used as directed
- 3.3% copper
- pH 2.4
- Patented non-staining pool algicide
- Kills and prevents green, mustard, and black algae
- Results in 24 hours
- For all pool types
- Use as needed
Directions for use:
NOTE: Prior to initial application of Banish, test pool water for presence of metals. If metals are present, apply a metal stain preventative per label directions.
To Prevent Pool Algae
- Adjust pH to between 7.2–7.6.
- Establish and maintain proper chlorine or bromine levels.
- Vacuum leaves other foreign debris from pool.
- Initially apply 8 fluid ounces of Banish per 10,000 gallons of pool water with pump and filter operating.
- Thereafter, for weekly application intervals, add 1.5 fluid ounces per 10,000 gallons of pool water.
- For two week application intervals, add 3 fluid ounces per 10,000 gallons of pool water every other week.
- Apply more often if pool volume is diluted by heavy rain, frequent backwashing, or partial drain/refill.
Treatment Of Visible Pool Algae
- Add 1 pound of Burn Out Extreme® per 10,000 gallons of pool water of 1 pound of Burn Out® 35 per
- 6,000 gallons of pool water or 1 pound of BioGuard Smart Shock® per 12,000 gallons of pool water.
- Follow application directions for these products.
- Allow to circulate for 1 hour.
- With pump and filter operating, apply 16 fluid ounces of BioGuard Banish per 10,000 gallons of pool water in areas of heaviest algae growth.
- Continuously circulate pool water for 24 hours.
- The next day, thoroughly brush pool surfaces.
- In cases of persistent algae, repeat brushing and product application after 2–4 days.
- Chemically cleaning the filter is recommended 3 to 4 days after treatment.
People who bought this also bought...