Softswim® Filter Aid & Flocculant
Softswim® Filter Aid & Flocculant : Product Information
Filter aid & flocculant
- 100% aluminum sulfate
- Dual purpose product to aid in filtration or to be used as a settling agent
- Traps small particles that normally pass through filter
- Helps clear cloudy water quickly
- Restores water sparkle
Directions For Use
To Use As Filter Aid In Sand And Cartridge Filters
- Pre-dissolve 0.5–1.0 pound in a bucket of water for pools from 10,000–35,000 gallons and pour slowly into the skimmer with the pump running. This floc will collect finer particles in the filter.
- Run filter continuously until the pool clears.
- If the pool does not clear within 48 hours, clean the filter and repeat as necessary.
- Backwash after 48 hours or if the filter pressure increases 8–10 psi above the clean filter pressure.
To Use As Filter Aid In D.E. Filters
- Backwash and clean filter according to manufacturer’s instructions.
- For 10,000 to 35,000 gallon pools, pre-dissolve 1–2 ounce in clean bucket of water.
- Slowly pour slurry solution into skimmer with pump running.
- Filter continuously for 24–48 hours.
- Backwash after 48 hours or when filter pressure rises 8–10 psi over clean operating pressure.
To Use As A Flocculant
- Clean the filter according to manufacturer’s instructions.
- Adjust pH to 7.6–7.8. Fill the pool to the top of the skimmer box and turn off the pump.
- Use 1 lb of product for each 6500 gallons of water.
- Pre-dissolve outdoors in a clean plastic bucket using 1 gallon of water for each pound of product
- Broadcast the solution over the entire pool surface.
- Allow 24 to 48 hours for the floc to settle to the bottom of the pool and vacuum to waste. If some floc becomes suspended, allow an additional 24 hours for it to settle and slowly vacuum to waste.
- Check and adjust the pH and alkalinity to normal ranges.
People who bought this also bought...